Friday, July 31, 2009

Having the determination to achieve your dreams

It's simple to say you want to be a famous musician, artist, or director one day. Anybody can say that.

However, it's not easy to actually follow through on achieving a dream. I know many musicians, artists, and filmmakers that have the same aspirations as me but seem to give up or become lazy with their craft. Opportunities don't show up at your door everyday. You have to work for them, but sometimes you'll get lucky. Sometimes, someone will be asking for your service or art and it can launch you to the next step closer to your dream. Here's what I don't understand. There are so many people who won't take the opportunity because it is out of the norm or interferes with something that had already been planned. So what! It's your dream. Cancel your plans and go after something that can be huge.

If I was offered an amazing tour, show, etc., I'd jump on that and cancel everything I had planned because it can be a great experience to move further into my career and make me better off than I was the day before.

If you have some sort of talent and you think you can dance with the top stars, make it happen. It's great that you spend a lot of time in your bedroom creating a beautiful art, but it's another thing actually letting the public see it.

Album comes out 09.09.09.
I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment