Friday, August 7, 2009

Sufjan Stevens


I think I'll start doing an artist review every Friday or so. Is that cool?
Cool.

I'm really not an indie kind of guy. I've always been into pop-rock, 90s rock, singer-songwriters, anything with a catchy chorus. However, I've been broadening my horizons a bunch recently and came across an awesome artist, Sufjan Stevens.

Go listen to his album, Illinoise.




I like this album because it's very calming. It settles me down and makes me think about what he is doing musically and let's me hear his emotions while singing. I love that. His harmonies are creepy, yet beautiful. He never forces anything into his music. Every instrument, lyric, and melody has its place.

I love it.

Take a listen and feel free to express your opinions about his work!

-T.J.

2 comments:

  1. i'm liking this idea of artist reviews =]

    sufjan stevens is amazing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of an artist review- it gives you the chance to see what other artists write about in their music and how they express themselves- you can sort of do a compare and contrast type deal. Oh and Sufjan Stevens is amazing- his music rox my sox!

    ReplyDelete